German Bread Dumplings (Semmelknödel).
You can cook German Bread Dumplings (Semmelknödel) using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German Bread Dumplings (Semmelknödel)
- Prepare 6 of buns or bread rolls or half a baguette.
- It’s 1 of pretzel/Brezn.
- Prepare 200 ml of milk.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of parsley.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
German Bread Dumplings (Semmelknödel) step by step
- Cut the buns and pretzel in very thin slices and let dry for two hours (on the heating). Then mingle in a big bowl..
- Heat the milk slowly, don't bring to a boil. Pour some hot milk over the bread mix, add egg, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley. Knead with our hands until a firm dough forms up. If the mix is too dry add few milk. But be careful not to use too much milk otherwise the dumplings will dissolve when in boiling water..
- Bring water with some salt in a large pot to a boil, reduce heat and let water simmer. Form (four) dumplings..
- Poach the dumpling in the simmering water for 10-12 minutes. They will slightly expand (see photos)..
- Remove from water and serve with a mushroom and cream gravy. Please also see a photo of the ideal inside of a bread dumpling. Enjoy!.