Cool Coffee Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream.
You can have Cool Coffee Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cool Coffee Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of whole coffee beans (regular or decaf, choose your poison).
- You need 5 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of powdered espresso.
- Prepare 4 oz. of Heath Bar toffee bits, chilled and chopped.
- It’s 4 oz. of dark chocolate, chilled and chopped.
Cool Coffee Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream instructions
- Heat the milk, 1/2 cup of the cream, salt, sugar and whole beans in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot, but not boiling. Cover and set aside to steep on a counter for one hour..
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of cream into a metal bowl set into a larger bowl filled with ice. Place a strainer over the cream and set aside..
- Warm the coffee beans and milk mixture again over medium heat until just before simmering..
- In a separate bowl whisk the yolks until thick and creamy. Pour the hot bean and milk mixture into the eggs very slowly, whisking constantly. Doing this slowly tempers the eggs and prevents them from becoming scrambled..
- Scrape mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, scraping the bottom of the pan. Cook until the custard is thickened enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon; run your finger down the middle and if it doesn’t run, the custard is done. Approximately 10 minutes..
- Pour through the sieve set aside earlier, pressing on the beans to extract as much flavor as possible. Stir into the cream, add the vanilla and the espresso..
- Stir over the ice to cool the mixture quickly..
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 6-24 hours (overnight preferred)..
- Churn in your ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions. (Kitchen Aid ice cream attachment works flawlessly.).
- Quickly fold in toffee and chocolate after the ice cream is churned, then place in container(s) and store in freezer. Set ice cream for 24 hours for best consistency..