Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy).
You can cook Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy) using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy)
- Prepare of A. Tangzhong method(*).
- You need 25 g of bread flour.
- It’s 25 g of boiling water.
- You need of B. 250g bread flour.
- It’s of Above tangzhong.
- You need 5 g of instant yeast.
- Prepare 50 g of sugar.
- You need 2 g of salt.
- It’s 15 g of unsalted butter(soft).
- It’s 1 of egg (50g).
- You need 80 g of water.
- It’s C. of Filling.
- Prepare 120 g of cold unsalted butter(divided in to 8 pcs : 15g*8).
- Prepare of D. Topping.
- It’s 80 g of bread flour, sifted.
- Prepare 80 g of melted butter(unsalted butter).
- Prepare 40 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg (50g).
- Prepare 30 g of instant coffee mixed with 30g hot water.
Mexican Coffee Buns (Rotiboy) step by step
- A. Tangzhong method: Mix flour with boiling water. Cool, cover and chill at least 4h until 24h in the fridge. (*).
- Let the tangzhong dough (*) at room temperature about 30’ to 60’ (depends on weather). Place all (B)ingredients in bowl of standing mixer except butter and knead until it comes together, then add butter, knead until elastic. Cover and let it rise double in size..
- Divided into 8 equal portions. Rest 10 minutes. Put cold butter in the middle of the buns. Cover and let them double in size..
- Make topping: Mix well coffee with melted butter, icing sugar and eggs. Add flour and mix until smooth. Cover and chill in the fridge for later use..
- Preheat the oven at 190oC..
- Once the buns are risen until doubled in size, pipe a spiral onto the buns, covering them as close to the outside edge as possible..
- Bake 15-18 mins until the bottoms are browned and the top has darkened slightly..
- Now it’s done!.
- Love it! ❤️❤️❤️.
- Fresh day!.
- Note: if you have a sourdough starter, using 100g active starter and no need to use commercial yeast. It takes 4h (28oC) to let it double in size. Other steps will be the same. Or you can use 50g unfed starter (discard) and need 5g of instant dry yeast..