"Vareniki" or dumplings with potatoes.
You can cook "Vareniki" or dumplings with potatoes using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of "Vareniki" or dumplings with potatoes
- It’s 500 g of potatoes.
- It’s 250-270 g of flour.
- Prepare 2 pcs of eggs.
- Prepare 100 ml of milk.
- You need 2 pcs of onion.
- Prepare 50 ml of + 1 tbsp Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 50 g of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s to taste of salt, pepper.
"Vareniki" or dumplings with potatoes step by step
- Peel potatoes and boil until done..
- Mix flour with eggs, salt, milk and 2 tbsp. l. vegetable oil. Mix the dough, cover and leave for 30 minutes..
- Peel onion and finely chop. Fry to transparency, add sugar, fry to make caramelized onion..
- Stir the potatoes in puree with butter..
- Roll the dough into a thin layer. Cut out mugs of a diameter of about 7 cm. Add the filling to the dough..
- Put the dumplings in boiling salted water. When they come up, cook for 3 more minutes..
- Finished dumplings put in a bowl with caramelized onions, mix and serve to the table. You can sprinkle with finely chopped green onions..