Yellow lentil stew with gyozas.
You can have Yellow lentil stew with gyozas using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yellow lentil stew with gyozas
- Prepare 1 packet of gyoza chicken dumplings.
- It’s 1 cup of gram lentils (channa dal).
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes chopped.
- You need 2 of green chillies finely chopped (can use 1/2 tsp chilli powder).
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of dried mint leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil, (whatever you fancy).
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- It’s of Yogurt.
Yellow lentil stew with gyozas instructions
- Wash and soak lentils for half hour.
- Place pressure cooker pan on heat, once hot, add oil, garlic and chilli, stir until fragnant, add onions cook for a few minutes until translucent.
- Now add tomatoes, mint, turmeric, salt and let the tomatoes break down, add soaked lentils, 2 and half cups of water cover and leave to cook for 3 whistles.
- Set aside to cool, meanwhile in a pan add a tsp oil, place frozen gyoza, add 1/4 cup water, cover and place on stove top and let it cook for 5 minutes or until water has evaporated on the bottom of gyoza is a nice golden brown colour.
- To assemble, place a few gyozas on the plate, top with lentils, a dollop of yogurt and enjoy.