Picaronés (Squash And Sweet Potato Doughnuts).
You can have Picaronés (Squash And Sweet Potato Doughnuts) using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Picaronés (Squash And Sweet Potato Doughnuts)
- You need of Syrup.
- You need 1 cup of Molasses.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Light brown sugar.
- It’s 2 of Cloves.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 of Allspice.
- It’s 1/2 of Peel of an orange.
- It’s 2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Anise seeds.
- You need of Dough.
- It’s 150 grams of Sweet potato.
- Prepare 80 grams of Macre squash.
- You need 80 grams of Loche squash (both types of squash can be substituted for butternut squash).
- Prepare 300 grams of Plain flour.
- Prepare 4 grams of Fresh yeast (you can get this from most bakers).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Anise seed.
- You need 1/4 cup of Cola.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Anise seed tea.
- You need 1 of Oil for deep frying.
Picaronés (Squash And Sweet Potato Doughnuts) instructions
- For Syrup – Put all the ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Let it cook until the mixture is thick and syrupy.
- Strain into a suitable container off the heat and let it cool down.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- For Dough – bring a pan of water to the boil.
- Add the sweet potato and cook until tender.
- Drain sweet potato and repeat with the squash.
- Put vegetables in a blender and blend until puréed.
- Put the veg in a large bowl with the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, anise seeds,cola, and tea.
- Using your hands, combine ingredients into a dough then kneed for 20 mins until smooth.
- Leave the dough in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours to prove.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or in a deep-fryer to 180°C or until a crude of bread Browns in 30 seconds.
- Take pieces of the dough and shape into ring, then drop carefully into the hot oil and cook until crispy and golden.
- Drain well then drizzle on the syrup to finish.