Baked Chocolate Glazed Donuts.
You can cook Baked Chocolate Glazed Donuts using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- Prepare of CHOCOLATE DONUTS.
- It’s 2 cup of cake flour.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- You need 2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream, more if needed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of large egg.
Baked Chocolate Glazed Donuts step by step
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray donut pans well with bakers spray. I made 6 regular sized and 12 mini sized donuts with this batter.You could make 12 regular sized or 24 mini donuts if you prefer.
- In a large bowl whisk flour,sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl whisk together buttermilk, sour cream, egg and vanilla.
- Combine the buttermilk/egg mixture with flour mixture and whisk just until combined.
- Spoon into donut pans, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake about 6 minutes for the minis and 7 to 8 minutes for the regular donuts. They will be puffed and spring back when touched.
- Cool just 1 minute then carefully loosen edges so they will not stick. Remove when cool enough to pull out 3 to 4 minutes and cool on wire racks.
- MAKE GLAZE.
- In a bowl combine confectioner's sugar, cream and vanilla, whisk until smooth. Add more cream in drops if to thick, it should be a thick but pourable glaze consistancy.
- Dip tops of donuts in glaze and let dry on wire rack.If you want to decorate them with sprinkles do it right while glazing so the sprinkles will stick.