Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies.
You can cook Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup (1 stick) of room temperature butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of peanut butter.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies step by step
- Beat the butter on medium speed for 2 minutes or until creamy. Cream the butter with the sugars at medium high speed for two more minutes. Add the peanut butter and egg and mix at high speed..
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt). Stir into the wet ingredients with a spatula. Do not overmix..
- Wrap the dough in plastic and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours..
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius..
- Shape dough into balls using a little over a tablespoon of dough for each cookie. Flatten the dough in a crisscross pattern using a fork, do this on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. If the fork sticks to the dough, dip the fork in flour or sugar..
- Bake until light brown, about 8-10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool in their baking sheets for a minute. After a minute, transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely..