Romanian donuts (Gogoși).
You can have Romanian donuts (Gogoși) using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Romanian donuts (Gogoși)
- You need 1 kg of white flour.
- Prepare 550 ml of milk.
- Prepare 10 grams of dry yeast.
- You need 1 of lemon zest.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of yogurt.
- Prepare 10 grams of salt.
- Prepare 90 grams of sugar.
- It’s 50 grams of butter.
- You need of Frying part.
- Prepare 1 liter of vegetable oil.
- It’s of Topping part.
- You need of powdered sugar.
- It’s of jam.
Romanian donuts (Gogoși) instructions
- Mix the sugar, salt, lemon zest, the flour and the dry yeast together in a big bowl..
- Heat the milk with the butter until the butter has melted. Pour them over the flour mixture..
- Add the yogurt and the beaten egg. Knead the dough 6-8 minutes..
- Leave it to leaven for one hour..
- Stretch the dough until it is 1 cm thick. Then cut it in circles with a champagne glass..
- Fry them in hot oil. The secret is to turn them constantly..
- Take them out on a paper towel..
- Add the Topping of your choice!.