Coffee Crème Caramel.
You can have Coffee Crème Caramel using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coffee Crème Caramel
- It’s of Caramel.
- It’s 80 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 20 g of water.
- You need of Custard pudding.
- Prepare 430 g of whole milk.
- Prepare 100 g of whipping cream.
- It’s 80 g of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of instant coffee.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
Coffee Crème Caramel instructions
- Caramel: In a heavy-bottom pot, heat sugar and water over medium-low heat until it caramelizes or turns brown. Only swirls the pot gently when needed..
- Pour and divide caramel evenly into 6 heat-proof cups. Place the cups in a deep baking dish. We will bake them with a bain-marie (water bath) method. Cover each cup with an aluminum foil, then set aside..
- Custard pudding: Combine milk, cream, and sweetened condensed milk in a pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir the instant coffee into the hot mixture..
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Then slowly whisk the hot mixture into the eggs. This will prevent the eggs from getting cooked..
- Strain the custard through a fine sieve into a jug. Divide the custard evenly into the caramel-lined cups (about 90ml each). Poke any bubbles that surface up with a toothpick if there are many (optional). Cover the cups again with aluminum foil..
- Fill the baking dish with water until half the height of the cups. Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°) for 50 minutes or just until set with a little jiggle in the center..
- Carefully remove each cup from the water bath. Let cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 4 hours (best overnight)..
- Once set, run a thin knife around the top edge of the custard. Turn it upside down onto a small plate. Hold the cup and plate firmly then shake a few times around with a circling motion until the custard drops onto the plate. Uncover the cup and enjoy!.