Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes.
You can cook Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes
- It’s of Cupcakes.
- Prepare 110 grams of sugar.
- You need 110 grams of margarine.
- You need 110 grams of Self Rasing Flour.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Coffee.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of water.
- You need of Desiccated Coconut.
- Prepare of milk.
- You need of topping.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 200 grams of Icing sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of coffee.
- It’s 4 tsp of water.
Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°F.
- In a bowl, cream margarine and sugar..
- Add the vanilla and eggs, stir being careful not to curdle the marg..
- Fold in the flour. This is your cake mixture..
- In a cup add the coffee to the water, stirring until disolved. Stir this into the cake mixture making a coffee cake mixture. Add milk here if mixture is too thick..
- Divide between either 12 cupcake case or 6 muffin cases. Sprinkle the coconut ontop of the mixture in the cases- DO NOT MIX- this is soo the coconut is toasted in the oven, adding to the flavour..
- Bake for 15 minutes (cupcakes, muffins will take longer) Remove from oven and completely cool before placing icing ontop.
- TO MAKE THE TOPPING- in a bowl add the butter, and cream into the icing sugar. You are not making butter cream! Not all the icing sugar will blend.
- In a cup add the coffee to the water, stir untill disolved. Add to the icing sugar and butter. Keep stirring until the icing is of a proffered thickness – the thicker it is the quicker it will set- this is what the butter is for, it allows you to have a basic icing with some structure..
- Ice your cupcakes..