Mexican Coffee Buns aka Rotiboy.
You can cook Mexican Coffee Buns aka Rotiboy using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Coffee Buns aka Rotiboy
- Prepare of bread softener.
- It’s 300 grams of strong bread flour.
- It’s 300 ml of cold water.
- It’s 1 grams of active dry yeast.
- Prepare of Bread.
- It’s 330 grams of strong bread flour.
- It’s 90 ml of milk.
- It’s 200 grams of bread softener (as above).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 70 grams of sugar.
- It’s 20 grams of milk powder.
- You need 5 grams of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of filling.
- You need of cubes of butter.
- It’s of topping.
- It’s 50 grams of butter, softened.
- Prepare 50 grams of sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 2 tbsp of strong coffee.
- You need 70 grams of all-purpose flour.
Mexican Coffee Buns aka Rotiboy instructions
- Make the bread. I used a bread machine, and it looks to me that if you throw in all the ingredients and beat the dough for twenty minutes or so, let it rest for ten minutes, then beat again for another ten minutes then leave it to rise for ten minutes. This is rather sketchy, so I recommend those who do not have a bread machine to Google on how to make bread and follow that if you're doubtful..
- Separate bread dough into round lumps of roughly 60g (or your own prefered size and shape)..
- Let rest for half an hour or until the dough has doubled in size..
- Meanwhile, beat buter and sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy..
- Beat in egg and stir in the coffee..
- Sift the flour into the mixture and stir gently until corporated. Do not over work it..
- Pour the cookie batter into a piping bag with the tip snipped off..
- Pipe the cookie batter in circles on the bread dough before baking it in preheated oven at 180℃..