Sour cream donuts. Old-Fashioned Sour Cream Doughnuts are coated in glaze and just like the cakey ones at your favorite bakery! No yeast makes this recipe quicker and easier. How to make Old Fashioned Sour Cream Donuts!↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK FOR RECIPE ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ PRINTABLE RECIPE (with weight measurements).
While the exact date or place of origin for the sour cream doughnut is not known. The donuts have a soft and light crumb, and so so delicious! The cinnamon adds a very nice flavour to these donuts Golden Oreo Salted Caramel Mini Cheesecakes. You can have Sour cream donuts using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sour cream donuts
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of softened butter.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of applesauce.
- It’s 1 of oil for frying.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of powered sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of light corn syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/3 cup of hot water.
These donuts have an amazing aroma. They're a lot like the donuts you find at cider mills in the fall. Old Fashioned Sour Cream Donuts that are soft, tender, and cakey on the inside, crispy on the outside, and topped with a sweet glaze. Sour Cream Donuts, Of course that got me interested in how I could make donuts at home so I searched Donut Pans and came across a set of Silicone Molds.
Sour cream donuts step by step
- In large bowl, sift together flour, salt, nutmeg and baking powder.
- Cream butter and sugar in separate large bowl. Add egg yolks and mix well..
- Alternately, mix flour mixture with sour cream until well blended. Add applesauce and mix well..
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill one hour..
- On floured surface, roll dough out to about 1/2 inch thick..
- Cut out donuts, saving the holes. Makes about 12 donuts..
- Heat oil over medium heat..
- One by one fry donuts in oil until light golden brown in color. This does not take long so make sure to watch closely..
- Dry donuts on paper bag to soak up grease..
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar, vanilla extract, salt, light corn syrup and hot water. Whisk until smooth and emmerse each donut and hole and set on wire rack to set. About 20 minutes..
Baked Sour Cream Donuts are easy to make and so much less fuss than the fried kind. These baked sour cream donuts are great for breakfast, coffee breaks, and lunchbox treats. See more ideas about sour cream donut, sour cream, make sour cream. These old fashioned sour cream donuts are cakey, tender, and made with no yeast! This past weekend was initially just going to be a wash.