Coffee Creme Anglaise.
You can cook Coffee Creme Anglaise using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coffee Creme Anglaise
- It’s 6 large of egg yolks.
- It’s 1/2 cup of strong coffee.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of Godiva dark chocolate liqueur, optional.
Coffee Creme Anglaise instructions
- Whisk sugar and egg yolks in a medium bowl until light colored about 3 minutes..
- In a medium saucepan heat coffee, cream ,sugar and chocolate liqueur ( if using ) until.bubbles just start to form on edges of pan..
- Whisking at all times add a small stream of the cream mixture into the egg yolks until combined.
- Return liquid to saucepan, and cook, stirring with a rubber spatula continuously reaching all corners of pan until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon and reaches 170 on a instant read thermometer, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain into a clean dish, stir in vanilla. Cool uncovered in refrigerator until cold then cover. Serve cold.. This sauce keeps about 5 days in refrigerator. Use on cakes and brownies, it goes with chocolate extremely well. Drizzle on tarts and pies. Also wonderful on coffee cakes!.