Chicken and dumplings.
You can cook Chicken and dumplings using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and dumplings
- Prepare 3 of large carrots peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- You need 3 stalks of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 1/2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast cut into 1 inch piece.
- Prepare 7 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- You need 1 Tbsp of poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s of Dumplings:.
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh chopped Parsley.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of freshly chopped chives.
- It’s of Cracked black pepper.
Chicken and dumplings step by step
- The oil in a large dutch oven and preheat it over medium high heat. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shake off any excess and add it to the hot pot, cook the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes or until deeply golden brown on all sides, remove the chicken to a plate..
- In the same pot, add the carrots, onion and celery, season with a little salt and cook the veggies over medium heat until they begin to cook down and develop some color, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the chicken back in and sprinkle over the poultry seasoning along with the wine and stock and bring to a boil. Partially cover the pot, reduce the heat to medium low and cook the mixture for about 45 minutes..
- Add heavy cream and peas and cook those for a few minutes while you prepare the dumplings. In a large bowl, mix together all your ingredients for the dumplings, the batter will be lumpy but thats what it’s supposed to look like..
- Using a small ice cream scoop (about 1 Tbsp measure) scoop dollops of the dough all over the top of the stock. Partially cover the pot with the lid and simmer your chicken and dumplings for about 15 minutes, allow them to rest for about 5 minutes and then you’re ready to serve!.