You can cook Potsticker dumplings using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potsticker dumplings
- Prepare 36 of wonton wrappers.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need of For dusting:.
- You need of Plain flour.
- It’s of For the pork filling:.
- It’s 450 g (1 lb) of minced pork.
- It’s 100 g (3 1/2 oz) of shredded cabbage.
- You need 100 g (3 1/2 oz) of chopped onion.
- It’s 50 g (1 3/4 oz) of chopped ginger.
- Prepare 100 g (3 1/2 oz) of chopped spring onions.
- Prepare 3 of crushed garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice wine.
- You need of Or.
- Prepare of For the veggie filling:.
- You need 400 g (14 oz) of chopped shiitake mushrooms instead of the pork.
- Prepare of Omit the onion and ginger.
- You need of Halve the amount of spring onions and sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 50 g (1 3/4 oz) of chopped coriander.
Potsticker dumplings step by step
- Place all the ingredients for the pork filling in a large bowl and mix well to combine..
- Lay 36 wonton wrappers on a lightly floured surface. Place 1 tbsp of the filling in the centre of each wrapper..
- Use your finger to dampen the edges of the wrappers with water. Fold the wrappers in half, over the filling and to form a triangle. Use your fingers to press and seal the edges together..
- Heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the dumplings, in batches and fry for 1-2 mins on each side until browned..
- Add 60ml (2 fl oz) of water to the pan, cover and steam for 3-5 mins. Remove and serve immediately..
- To save time, prepare the dumplings in batches, forming the second batch while the first is cooking and so on..