Chicken and Dumplings.
You can have Chicken and Dumplings using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Dumplings
- Prepare 2 of fryer chickens.
- Prepare 2 of large onions chopped.
- It’s 4 of carrots chopped.
- You need 1 stalk of celery chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Lawry's seasoned salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 6 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 cup of room temperature water.
Chicken and Dumplings step by step
- place chickens in a large stock pot.
- add celery,onions, carrots, garlic, Lawry's, and pepper. Fill pot with water.
- boil until chicken is done.
- while chicken is boiling collect the eggs.
- put flour, eggs, and egg yolks in large mixing bowl.
- add room temperature water 1 Tbsp at a time and kneed by hand until dough is slightly tacky.
- roll dough out on well floured surface until dough is approximately 1/8-1/4" thick adding flour as needed to prevent dough from sticking to rolling pin.
- cut dough into 1"×1" pieces and place on a floured towel for 1-1 1/2 hrs to dry.
- while noodles are drying remove chicken from the pot and allow to cool, when cool enough handle, debone the chickens.
- clean up the mess from the dumplings.
- once dumplings have dried add them to the boiling chicken stock with the pulled chicken.
- boil for 10 min or until dumplings reach desired doneness.
- eat as I'd or serve with mashed potatoes.