Turkey and Dumplings Pot Pie.
You can have Turkey and Dumplings Pot Pie using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkey and Dumplings Pot Pie
- Prepare 6 of Pie pastry sheets.
- You need 4 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s of Leftover Turkey. I like my pot pies really meaty..
- You need 2 clove of Garlic mined.
- It’s 1 medium of Red onion diced.
- It’s 5 tbsp of All purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Dried terragon..
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Freshly grinder pepper.
- Prepare 2 cup of Heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 4 cup of Fat free milk…any milk will do.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Any white wine.
- Prepare 24 oz of Frozen bag of peas.
- You need 24 oz of Frozen bag of crinkle cut carrots.
- It’s 1 of Casserole baking dish. I used 11×18 with this recipe.
- It’s 1 of Bake at 475 for 45 minutes..
Turkey and Dumplings Pot Pie instructions
- Melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted add minced garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, then add turkey and onion. Mix well for another 5 minutes..
- Next, stir in flour, terragon, salt, and pepper. Mix well..
- Add milk and heavy whipping cream. Stir until milk sauce thickens..
- Stir in wine, peas and carrots. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated and warm. Take one of the pastry shells and create bite sized balls for the dumplings. You decide on the size, but not too big otherwise you'll take away from the pie..
- Place 2 of the pie pastry at bottom of baking dish for bottom crust then pour turkey mixture on top..
- Use last 3 pie pastry to create top layer of pot pie. Make sure you seal the edges good otherwise it will leak out while baking. I put a cookie sheet underneath the casserole dish just in case the juices leak out, it will not go to the bottom of the oven and burn..
- Bake at 475 for 45 minutes or until crust is brown..
- Let cool for 10 minutes, serve and enjoy!.