Peanut butter eggs.
You can cook Peanut butter eggs using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peanut butter eggs
- It’s 3 cups of powder sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter.
- It’s 1/4 cups of butter melted.
- Prepare 3 cups of semi sweet, milk chocolate or white chocolate.
- It’s 1 tbsp of shortening.
- You need of Cooking spray.
Peanut butter eggs instructions
- Place the powder sugar,peanut butter,butter and 2 tablespoons of water in the bowl of a mixer.
- Beat on low speed until a dough forms. If the dough is too crumbly to hold together, add more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Line an 8” or 9” square pan with foil. Coat the foil With cooking spray.
- Press the peanut butter mixture into an even layer in the pan, then chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove the peanut butter mixture from the pan by using the edges of the foil as handles and cut out egg shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place the eggs on a parchment lined sheet pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and shortening to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until chocolate is melted, stir until smooth.
- Remove the eggs from the freezer and dip them in the chocolate. Tap against the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place the dipped eggs back onto the parchment lined sheet. Repeat until all eggs are coated. Drizzle remaining chocolate over the top of the eggs using a small spoon or piping bag.
- Let sit until chocolate is firm, then serve. Eggs may be stored in an a air tight container for up to 5 days.