You can have Baked Doughnuts using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Doughnuts
- It’s 3 of and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of and 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast.
- It’s 3 tbsp of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk (or equal parts evaporated milk and water).
- You need 1/3 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract/maple syrup/honey.
- It’s as needed of Melted butter,.
Baked Doughnuts instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well to combine..
- In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, combine all the wet ingredients and butter and heat just until the butter melts and the mixture is warm. This can be done in a microwave or over a stovetop..
- After, make a well in the dry ingredients and give the wet ingredients a quick whisk before pouring it in the dry ingredients..
- Then, with a spatula or wooden spoon, mix until all the flour is hydrated and a dough forms..
- To continue, heavily flour a work surface with flour and turn the dough out onto the work surface. Knead for about 7 minutes by hand until a smooth dough forms, oiling your hands and flouring the dough and work surface as and when needed. After kneading, form a ball and gently poke the dough, if it comes back at you or it bounces back, it is ready..
- Lightly oil the same bowl used for making the dough and place the dough in the bowl, cover with cling film or a clean kitchen napkin and place in your oven with the lights on and let proof for 1 hour 30 minutes. (Do not put the oven on!).
- After the first proofing, take it out of the oven and gently punch out the gas..
- Turn out onto a heavily floured work surface and roll out the dough until desired thickness is reached (about 1/2 inch thick), then cut out the doughnuts into your preferred shapes and sizes and place them on a greased baking tray, spacing them out evenly. I did rings, doughnut holes and round doughnuts..
- Cover the doughnuts and let proof again in the oven with the lights on for 30 minutes..
- After they have puffed up nicely and about doubled in size, brush the tops with some melted butter..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for 8-9 minutes and then move to the top rack for an additional 8-9 minutes..
- You know they are done when they become soft and golden brown and when they no longer look or feel doughy.(If that is a word😂).
- Let cool on a cooling rack until they are cool enough to handle. If adding toppings (please check out my 3 Simple Doughnut Toppings), add the toppings while still hot so they stick better. Happy Baking and Enjoy!.