Roasted Rabbit and Dumplings.
You can have Roasted Rabbit and Dumplings using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Rabbit and Dumplings
- You need of Rabbit stew.
- It’s 2-1/2 pound of rabbit.
- Prepare 8 ounces of baby portobello mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/3 pound of carrots sliced.
- It’s 1 of medium onion diced.
- You need 12 ounce of Guinness stout beer.
- You need 2/3 cup of all purpose flour divided.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1-1/2 pints of chicken broth.
- It’s 4 of slices/rashes thick cut bacon.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of rosemary.
- Prepare of Dumplings.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of tarragon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 stick of butter cold and grated.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s As needed of kosher salt.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
Roasted Rabbit and Dumplings step by step
- Peel the carrots. Cut the rabbit into sections. Slice the carrots into 1 inch pieces. Add salt and pepper to all the flour, in a ziploc bag. Slice the portobello mushrooms..
- Add the rabbit to the seasoned flour in the ziploc bag. Coat each piece. Allow to rest in the flour, 10 minutes..
- Add the butter and olive oil for the rabbit stew to a dutch oven or an oven safe dish with a good fitting lid. Fry the rabbit in batches till golden brown..
- Slice the bacon into little pieces. Add the mushrooms, carrots, bacon, onions, and spices. Cook let the bacon gets crisp..
- When the bacon is crisp add, 2 tablespoons of flour from the ziploc bag to the bacon mixture and sauté for 7 minutes. Add the broth, beer, and rabbit back into the Dutch oven. Preheat oven 375°Fahrenheit.
- Mix the flour, parsley, tarragon, butter, salt, and pepper. Add milk till the flour isn't sticky but firm. Roll the flour into a long rope, that's around 1 inch across. Cut the rope about an inch in length. Roll into 1 inch balls..
- After they are rolled into balls and coat each with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and sprinkle with nutmeg. Set each dumpling on top of stew..
- Set in oven covered 15 minutes. Remove lid continue roasting for 15 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes serve. I hope you enjoy!!!!.