Sweet potato tofu Gnocchi/dumplings.
You can cook Sweet potato tofu Gnocchi/dumplings using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet potato tofu Gnocchi/dumplings
- You need 1.5 lbs of steamed Japanese yam.
- It’s 7 oz of extra firm tofu.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of onion power, optional.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin powder, optional.
- You need 3 cups of freshly milled spelt flour (kamut, farro are fine too).
Sweet potato tofu Gnocchi/dumplings instructions
- Steam Japanese yam in a steamer for 30 minutes until a fork get through easily. Hannah yam is very close to Japanese yam in terms of moisture level and sweetness. Other sweet potato variety may need to adjust flour ratio a little bit due to the nature of moisture level in sweet potatoes..
- Mash sweet potatoes with a fork and cool it down for easy handling. Cut in half pack of extra firm tofu and mash it by hands Tofu is great replacement for cheese and it is very easy to digest and it's anti inflammation..
- Add flour, spices and salt. Mix well by hands. Allow it to soak for about half day in room temperature to ferment, so that whole grain dough can be more nutritious and easy to absorb by our bodies..
- Right before pot on a salt water to boil. Use two spoon to make fresh dumpings. Drop into hot water and boil for about 3 minutes if made fresh or wait until they float to the top. Strains them out and toss them in non stick pan and fry until light brown. Toss with minded garlic and herbs of your choice, or with any other sautéed dishes..
- Leftover gnocchi can be frozen. Do not need to thaw before boiling..