Coffee Ice Cream.
You can have Coffee Ice Cream using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coffee Ice Cream
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole bean coffee.
- You need 5 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of powdered espresso.
- It’s 1 of large chocolate-caramel candy bar, chilled and chopped.
Coffee Ice Cream instructions
- Heat the milk, 1/2 cup of cream, salt, sugar and whole beans in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot but not boiling. Cover and set aside to steep on a counter for one hour..
- Pour the remaining cream into a metal bowl set into another bowl filled with ice. Place a strainer over the cream and set aside..
- Warm the coffee beans and milk mixture again over medium heat until just before simmering. In a medium bowl whisk the egg yolks until thick and creamy. Pour the hot bean mixture into the eggs very slowly, whisking all the time. Doing this slowly tempers the eggs and prevents scrambling. Scrape it all back into the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, scraping the bottom of the pan. Cook until the custard is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, approximately 10 minutes..
- Pour mixture through the strainer set aside earlier, pressing on the beans to extract as much flavor as possible. Stir the cream, add the vanilla and the espresso powder. Stir over the ice to cool the mixture quickly. Cover and place in fridge for at least 6 hours..
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions. Stir in chopped candy pieces and place in plastic container in the freezer..