Leftover Khichdi Muthia / Steamed Dumpling.
You can cook Leftover Khichdi Muthia / Steamed Dumpling using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leftover Khichdi Muthia / Steamed Dumpling
- It’s 2 cups of moong khichdi or any dal khichdi.
- Prepare 1 cup of chickpea flour besan.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder or as per spice level needed.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder haldi.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of asafoetida hing.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of yoghurt curd, dahi.
- Prepare As per taste of Salt(The khichdi will have salt so add accordingly).
- You need For of tempering:.
- You need 2 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds rai.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame seeds til.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of asafoetida hing.
- It’s 2 of green chilli chopped.
- You need 8 of curry leaves.
Leftover Khichdi Muthia / Steamed Dumpling instructions
- In a mixing bowl add leftover khichdi, wholewheat flour, chickpea flour (besan), oil, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, asafoetida, sugar and salt. Mix well. Add yoghurt. Mix well and knead like a soft dough..
- Make the steamer ready. Put water in the vessel and heat it. Now place a colander inside it. Grease the hand with oil and divide the dough into five portion. Shape each portion into a log as shown in the picture. Place the prepared logs into the colander. Cover the colander and steam the prepared logs for 25 minutes on medium. Check the water in the steamer in between and add if needed..
- The logs are steamed and cooked. Insert a toothpick and check. The toothpick should come out clean. If not cook further more for 5 minutes or till done. Remove the steamed muthia log in a plate to cool. Cut the muthia into 4-5 mm thick slices..
- In an pan heat oil. Add mustard seeds. When they crackle add sesame seeds, asafoetida, green chilli and curry leaves. Saute them..
- Remove the muthia in a serving bowl. Serve them hot with a cup of tea or chunda. Enjoy the leftover khichdi muthia for breakfast, with evening tea or for light dinner or pack them in your tiffin..