Zucchini Muthia / Steamed Zucchini Dumplings.
You can cook Zucchini Muthia / Steamed Zucchini Dumplings using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Muthia / Steamed Zucchini Dumplings
- It’s 3 of Zucchini grated with skin.
- You need 2 cups of Handva flour kanki korma flour (it is a flour made by grinding rice and lentils together in proportions).
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric haldi.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of asafoetida /hing.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dry ginger powder or 1 tsp ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar I have used raw sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of yoghurt curd/dahi (1/2 tbsp more if needed. I have used homemade curd /yogurt).
- You need As per taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil for greasing the plate and to sprinkle over the muthia log while cooking.
- You need For of For tempering.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds rai.
- It’s 1 tsp of sesame seeds til.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of asafoetida/ hing.
- It’s Few of curry leaves.
- It’s As required of water to sprinkle over muthia if needed.
Zucchini Muthia / Steamed Zucchini Dumplings instructions
- In a mixing bowl take grated zucchini. Keep the steamer with water to boil. (or use a big broad pot. Place a round ring like stand. Place the colander or perforated plate in it and cover with a lid). Add spices – red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger powder (or fresh ginger paste), sugar, asafoetida, salt and oil. You can add green chilli paste in place of red chilli powder..
- Mix well with hands till the zucchini is squeezed and spices nicely mixed. The aroma of the spices and zucchini will start releasing once the mixing is nicely done. Add the handva flour or kanki korma flour (it is a flour made with rice and lentils)..
- Mix well with light hands. The flour will be nicely absorbed. Add a tbsp of yoghurt or more if needed. Mix well..
- Roll the dough into logs and place in the greased colander or perforated plate in a steamer with boiling water. Sprinkle little oil on the top of the muthia. It gives nice glaze to the muthia once cooked..
- Cover with lid and cook on high heat for 15 minutes and then on low heat for 15 minutes or till done. Insert a toothpick to check if the muthia are cooked. If the toothpick comes out clean the muthia are done. Switch off the heat and let the muthia stand for 5 minutes in steamer. Remove the lid..
- Remove the cooked muthia in a plate and let them cool completely. Cut 5 mm thick slices..
- For tempering – Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and sesame seeds. Let they crackle. Add asafoetida and curry leaves and saute.Add the cut muthia and toss gently. While tossing the muthia, some crumbs will come. These crumbs are very tasty. Sprinkle a tbsp of water if needed to make muthia softer..
- The zucchini muthia are ready. Serve them hot with a cup of tea or mango chunda. They are a perfect snack to carry while travelling or for a potluck or picnic. Also can be enjoyed in the lunch boxes, breakfast, or light dinner..