Steamed Cocoa Coffee Layer Cake.
You can have Steamed Cocoa Coffee Layer Cake using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steamed Cocoa Coffee Layer Cake
- Prepare of Part A.
- Prepare 1 sachet of 3-in-1 coffee + 10 ml hot water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cocoa powder + 25ml hot water.
- It’s of Part B.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 125 g of sugar.
- It’s of Part C.
- Prepare 150 g of low protein flour/ superfine/plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of Part D.
- Prepare 100 ml of melted butter/corn oil.
- It’s 200 ml of coconut milk.
Steamed Cocoa Coffee Layer Cake step by step
- Prepare ingredients in Part A. Set aside. Get other ingredients ready too. Get the steamer ready. Cover the lid with tea towel. I used non stick bread pan for this cake. Size: 24 × 13 × 6.5cm or 9 1/2 × 5 x 2 1/2 inches..
- Note: A tea towel or a cloth covering the underside of the lid is necessary when steaming cakes. The idea is for the cloth to collect any condensation so that it doesn't fall onto the surface of the cake. Another important thing to note is that, the water in the steamer should be (already) boiling before steaming the cake. If at all you need to add water into the steamer while steaming, boil water in a kettle or pot and once boil, pour it immediately into the steamer..
- Cream ingredients in Part B till light and fluffy. Set aside..
- Sift together ingredients in Part C..
- Add C into B mixture in few parts. Do not add everything in one go..
- Once everything is well-mixed, add in Part D (melted butter and coconut milk) alternately. Mix batter in between additions..
- Divide batter into 3 equal portions. Add coffee to one portion, cocoa to another & leave another one plain..
- Steamer should be ready before steaming the cake. Pour 1/3 cup, or more depending on how thick you want your layer to be, of cocoa batter into the baking pan. Steam layer over medium heat for 5-8mins. Remove the lid, take another 1/3 cup of coffee batter and layer it on top of the first one. Steam again. Next add a layer of the plain batter. Do the same with the rest of batter. Steam the very last layer of the batter for extra 20mins..
- Once done, leave cake in the cake pan to completely cool before cutting or serving..